Precast Detailing India Spandrels are essentially perimeter beams that extend both above and below the floor and are used in a variety of applications, including structural support for deck components in parking structures and cladding on office buildings.
Generally there are two types of Spandrels Detailing:
- Load Bearing Spandrels Detailing
- Non- load Bearing Spandrels Detailing
On the other side, Load bearing elements are designed to support vertical loads from the building framing system and transfer them to the foundation. Load bearing wall panels may also be designed to transmit lateral forces to the building foundations. Load bearing spandrels are normally precast concrete elements that are exposed to the outside of the precast structure and are designed to transfer the floor member’s load to the columns.
Precast Concrete Spandrels could be cast from architectural concrete (colored concrete with an acid-etched, exposed aggregate or sand blast finish and textured surfaces with the use of form liners) or plain gray structured concrete.
Depending on the requirement, spandrels drawings can be cast in three ways:
- Load-bearing spandrels with a ledge attached are used in parking structures to support double tees or in office buildings to support hollow core slabs
- Load-bearing spandrels with pockets cast into them provide support for double tees, the ends of which fits into the pockets.
- Non-load bearing spandrels are used for cladding around curtain wall or glazing